20 September 2008

Who ordered pizza?

Saturday accomplishments:
  • Finish another NYT Sunday crossword with Jonathan
  • Buy groceries
  • Discover that Taiwan does sell deodorant, razors, and hand sanitizer, at least a little bit
  • Clean entire apartment (thanks to 小清)
  • Wash and air-dry sheets, pillowcases, and blanket...
  • Wear a sweatshirt and long PJ pants, however briefly and artificially, thanks to a strategically aimed air conditioning unit (I miss being cold)
  • Watch some actual TV on my Slingbox
  • Get the most expensive thing at Ice Art (actually on Friday): 雪花冰 with fresh mango, kiwi, and strawberry, and a scoop of chocolate chip ice cream for just over $7 US... probably the most you could spend on a single food item in Kaohsiung
  • Find and navigate the online menu, then place an online order (all in Chinese) at必勝客; have a phone conversation with the server there, and pick it up
  • Purchase three tubes of SPF 50+ sunscreen
  • Watch "Pretty Woman" with Chinese subtitles
Tomorrow's to-do list:
  • Write my weekly reflection (assigned by Fulbright and the Kaohsiung Bureau of Education)
  • Go to Costco and a bookstore with my host family
  • Plan lessons?
  • Find a song to sing for demanding 4th graders
  • Make a list of the top players in the MLB to help my baseball classes pick English names ("Po-sa-da!" "But Posada isn't his name... his name is Jorge... so you can be Jorge, or George!" "PO-SA-DA!")
  • Triple-check that my DVR will be recording all the new TV starting up this week (via Slingbox, of course): Grey's, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Chuck, and (many) more
With such a big day ahead, I better get started on sleep. More inspiring posts to come, but my mom said she wanted me to post more. So post more I shall.

1 comment:

Joanna Leigh said...

hmm. a small pinkberry costs about the same here in nyc, and it's like the cheapest food item you can buy...

...and as for all the financial craziness going on... it's kind of intense, as im sure you can imagine. aren't you glad you didn't become an i-banker???