23 April 2009

Brains...

As I biked to work on my usual route this morning, I was behind a slow-moving scooter for a few blocks (slow-moving enough that its pace matched my bike's). The scooter had a big box/cart attachment on the back. Fortunately (for me, anyway), there was a plastic cover over the contents of the cart. But hanging on either side were several, um, animal parts. I can't tell what animal they came from, but I recognized raw, dried muscle on bone, and brains. Just hangin' out on the scooter.

What's weird is, it took me a few minutes to notice it, and even longer to realize I should probably be (would normally be?) grossed out. Thanks to Taiwan's special pick-something-and-fry-it carts pervasive at night markets, I apparently have become immune to the sight of animal brains hanging off the side of a scooter on my morning commute.

Sorry, no pictures. Biking + photographing + Taiwan traffic = certain injury.

3 comments:

Aunt Judy said...

Time to either come home, or swear that you will never again eat from such a cart.

Aubrey said...

Considering that I am still grossed out by carts of animal brains, I thank you for not including a picture this time.

...this time.

Jonathan said...

Why couldn't this have happened before I left instead of after?