18 November 2008

As your holiday season approaches...

Hanshin department store has started putting up Christmas decorations, so I thought it would be fun to write up a list of some days I'll be working this year that you won't be.

I will be working on...
  • November 27th, 8am-4pm
  • November 28th, 8am-12pm
  • December 24th, 8am-12pm
  • December 25th, 8am-4pm
  • December 31st, 8am-12pm
  • January 1st, 8am-4pm
And so on and so forth. I figure this is about the time people start complaining about only getting off work a few days for Christmas, or having to work the day after Thanksgiving... or bragging about all their vacation days... Anyway, I'm probably not the person to go to for any of this.

Then again, I will be off from January 21st to February 11th. Krakow, here I come!

7 comments:

BrianaP said...

Whooo! I'm working Christmas too!!!

I only get three holidays off a year, and I dont get to choose them, so I ended up having New Years, Thanksgiving and Memorial day off. I work Christmas, Labor day and 4th of July. Not bad. overall.

Anonymous said...

Why do they put up Christmas decorations in a Buddhist country? And then not celebrate the holiday? What is the cultural significance of that? The United Arab Emirates is the same -- they start playing Christmas carols in November and have trees up, etc. but then it's a work day. Don't quite get that one.

Hope things are better. Could you please resend me your address in Chinese? My laptop committed suicide and it was downloaded there.

xx
Aunt Judy

Unknown said...

Pitt never gave us much time off for the holidays, so this year won't be much of a change.

Unless of course, I manage to get the hell out of this place. Then I'll have plenty holiday time, haha.

Anonymous said...

Is Krakow code for Berwyn? Didn't think so....Poland in February...how much fun is that! Yea!

glennie said...

i'm working three of those days! - And at least you get some decent blocks of time off while your still in school. And, you know, you are in exotic Taiwan!!! Hooray!!! You aren't freezing!

Unknown said...

im only working new years eve of those 6 days. wooo. but i work every day between jan 21 and feb 11. so you still win. haha sigh.

BrianaP said...

And when steve says "new years eve" he means until 5pm. When I say I'm working new years eve it means I'll be there until 11:30pm. Thought I gotta say, I wanna see the people who come into the psych hospital on christmas and new years eve. They've got to have serious problems. That, or they had too much family time.